Library sessions are a good opportunity to get advice and support with your current carrier, or just to browse and try a few out. I have an extensive collection and a lot of experience.
If you wish to take a sling home with you, you are most welcome to do so.
Library slings can be hired from the library drop-ins, from the consultations and workshops, or from my doorstep by arrangement – you can contact me through the form on this page or via my facebook page. I will ensure you know how to use your hired sling safely before you take it away! Hire fees are £5 for the first week (per sling) and £2.50 for each week after that.
The Library sessions are below – they are staffed by a team of trained volunteers working alongside me. No appointments needed, just turn up!
Please note, Sling Library drop in can be busy. It can be fun, and you can learn a lot by watching other people be fitted, or seeing other babies being carried. There may be a wait, but do make yourselves comfortable and make friends with your fellow visitors! If you feel that a group space is not for you, are pressed for time, one to one sessions are available. CLICK ON THE LINKS FOR MORE INFORMATION
- A small group setting with information about slings and baby development, for pregnant parents and those with small babies under 4months. This is shared with Lindsay, the BabyCalm teacher. Fortnightly from my home on Monday mornings 10-12 noon. 26 Westwood Rd, S11 7EY Read more here.
- A traditional sling library open house drop in, fortnightly from my home on Monday afternoons (after 4T) 12.3o till 3.30. 26 Westwood Rd, S11 7EY
Slings in the City Library Drop in
- The big sling library drop in in a central location, with several trained staff on hand to help. Held at the Montgomery Hall in the city centre (on Surrey Street opposite the Town Hall) on alternate Thursdays between 12.30-3pm. Read more here.
- Open house sling library drop in, once or twice a month on Saturday mornings from my home. 26 Westwood Rd, S11 7EY
please see the Facebook Page events for more details and dates each week.
Hire costs £5 for the week’s hire, and £2.50 for each subsequent week.
Please see the Catalogue tab for what is available.
Please read the Terms and Conditions if you would like to hire a sling at your consultation/workshop or from a library drop-in session/meet/doorstep.
I don’t require deposits for the hire of carriers, to keep them accessible to many, but because of this I do ask that you agree to replace the full cost of the carrier should anything untowards happen.
Lost or Damaged Carriers
- As part of this agreement, the full replacement of any lost or damaged carriers, accessories or instructions will be borne by the borrower.
- Loan costs are payable by cash, gifted Paypal payment or bank transfer.